Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.

West Kildonan (Man.)

Original digital objects not accessible

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

West Kildonan (Man.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1914-1971

History

Following the Provincial Act of 1880, the Province of Manitoba was split into rural municipalities. The areas surrounding the City of Winnipeg were divided into three municipalities: Assiniboia, St. Boniface, and Kildonan. In 1914, the Municipality of Kildonan was split between the river into East and West Kildonan and the Rural Municipality of West Kildonan was incorporated. The first Council for the Rural Municipality was held in 1914 with Edmund Partridge as Reeve. In 1921 West Kildonan was incorporated as a town until it was incorporated as a City on April 25, 1961 with C.N. Cushner as Mayor. The City was dissolved in 1972 when it joined eleven other municipalities in amalgamation with the City of Winnipeg.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

COWA

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places