Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.

Item i01174 - Exhibit E in the matter of posting Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg By-law 1505

Open original digital objects

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Exhibit E in the matter of posting Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg By-law 1505

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

i01174

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1969 (Creation)
    Creator
    Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg (Man.)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 photograph : b&w

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1960-1971)

Administrative history

The Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg (Metro) was established by Manitoba’s Metropolitan Winnipeg Act in 1960 to govern the distribution of services between the City and surrounding areas. It was dissolved in 1972 when suburban municipalities amalgamated with Winnipeg under the project called Unicity. Metro had jurisdiction over inter-municipal services such as water, parks and public transportation. It was responsible for municipal boards and commissions as well as services previously administered by suburban municipalities. Metro was affiliated with suburban municipal governments, rural and otherwise, for Brooklands, Charleswood, East Kildonan, Fort Garry, North Kildonan, Old Kildonan, Saint-Boniface, Saint-Vital, St. James, Transcona, Tuxedo, and West Kildonan. In 1969 the Province of Manitoba undertook a review of this system, which led to Metro’s dissolution. It was governed by a Council and Committees system, the administrative functions being organised into divisions, and each reporting to the Executive Director of the Corporation. In its time, Metro was the second two-tiered municipal government in North America.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Photograph shows a man posting a notice for Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg By-law 1505 at location 5.

Notes area

Physical condition

Creasing along bottom. Puncture marks in upper right corner.

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Copyright: City of Winnipeg.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Legacy Identifier

F0014-0138-A1956-15-5

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

cowa

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

digital objects (Master) rights area

digital objects (Reference) rights area

digital objects (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

physical storage

  • A1956
  • 15