Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.

Winnipeg (Man.). St. Vital

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Winnipeg (Man.). St. Vital

Equivalent terms

Winnipeg (Man.). St. Vital

  • UF Manitoba--Winnipeg--St. Vital
  • UF St. Vital

Associated terms

Winnipeg (Man.). St. Vital

17 archival descriptions results for Winnipeg (Man.). St. Vital

17 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Dakota Village Shopping Centre panorama

View of Dakota Village Shopping Centre, 1077-1095 St. Mary's Road, 3.5 acres. From left to right: unknown stores, Ladies and Children's Wear, Lance Pharmacy, [Dakota?] Bowling, Shoe Fair, Bank of Nova Scotia, Safeway, apartment block, Bank of Montreal. Consists of 3 separate photographs pasted together on cardboard to create a panorama. The cardboard is a scrap made from an old sign of the Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg (visible on the reverse). The cardboard is numbered “6”, presumably as part of a compilation with other shopping centre panoramas.

Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg (Man.). Planning Division

For Your Guidance While in Winnipeg promotional map

A promotional map created by the Publicity Bureau of Winnipeg and Manitoba titled "For Your Guidance While in Winnipeg". Map was originally folded as a pamphlet, the front page of which features a graphic of two people driving down Highway 14 (now Highway 75) to Winnipeg. The map is not scale and features cartoon depictions of tourist destinations and landmarks around Winnipeg and St. Boniface. The maps shows major streets, railroads, and street railway lines. The map side was originally framed and cut to fit. At a result a small part of the front page is cut off, including a stamp reading "St. Raphael's Ukrainian Immigrants' Welfare Association of Can[ada]".

Landscaping of lake in St. Vital Park

Photograph of sunken lawn in St. Vital Park being prepared to become a filled lake. The lake was excavated in 1931, but was not filled until 1966. A description of the photo used for publication is recorded on a separate piece of paper. Photo's reverse is stamped by the Parks and Protection Division of the Metro Government.

Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg (Man.). Information Officer