Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.

Winnipeg (Man.). South End

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

  • Encompasses the area of the pre-Unicity City of Winnipeg south of the Assiniboine River and to the North and East of the former Town of Tuxedo and Rural Municipality of Fort Garry.

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Winnipeg (Man.). South End

Equivalent terms

Winnipeg (Man.). South End

  • UF Manitoba--Winnipeg--South End
  • UF South End

Associated terms

Winnipeg (Man.). South End

310 archival descriptions results for Winnipeg (Man.). South End

310 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Scrapbook of Corporal Wallace – page 5

Page 5 of a photograph scrapbook made by Corporal John Wallace in April 1940. Photographs depict several acquaintenance of Wallace including two fellow soldiers, “Sonny” Robertson and Joseph “Fuss” McGrath, a Mrs. Penny, and a Frank Dowling and his family. See the general notes section for more details.

Wallace, John

Scrapbook of Corporal Wallace – page 6

Page 6 of a photograph scrapbook made by Corporal John Wallace in April 1940. Photographs depict the Pavilion in City Park (Assiniboine Park), the Legislature Building off in the distance down Memorial Boulevard, St. Ignatius Church at Corydon Avenue and Stafford Street, the Winnipeg Cenotaph, and acquaintenances of Wallace, Mr. and Mrs. McCarthy and “Sister Sue”, and two people identified only as “Joan” and “Den”. See general notes section for more details.

Wallace, John

Scrapbook of Corporal Wallace – page 9

Page 9 of a photograph scrapbook made by Corporal John Wallace in April 1940. Photographs depict a street in Gladstone Manitoba, a trolley bus in Winnipeg on Kennedy Street (between Ellice and Qu'Appelle), and the Butler family, acquaintances of Wallace. See page three of this scrapbook for more details on the Butler family.

Wallace, John

Waghorn's Guide map and street index

Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.

Results 301 to 310 of 310