Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.

Showing 83 results

archival descriptions
Railroads
Print preview Hierarchy View:

78 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Waghorn's Guide map and street index

Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.

Photographs

Forms part of Fonds 15. Series consists of photographs taken by GWWD employees during the building of the Greater Winnipeg Aqueduct that brings water from Shoal Lake to Winnipeg. Photos are made up of nitrate negatives and lantern slides.

Greater Winnipeg Water District

William Smaill Photo Album – Page 44

Captions read: Concrete train at mixer - Towing mixer with train, first move, mile 64 - Finished aqueduct, mile 64, first mile - Gravel platform, cement shed, mixer, and water tank, mile 64.

Smaill, William

William Smaill Photo Album – Page 49

Captions read: Jumbo[?], Indian Bay - Ruins of camp 1 built on Ontario gold concessions, Shoal Lake, 1896 - Jumbo - Teddy - Teddy, Whitemouth - Birch River railroad bridge - Chasing young ducks with launch, Shoal Lake.

Smaill, William

Results 1 to 10 of 83