Glass lantern slides taken by L.B. [Lewis Benjamin] Foote of the tourists taking the Greater Winnipeg Water District Railway to and enjoying leisure time at Shoal Lake. The Greater Winnipeg Water District hired Foote to take these photos.
Glass lantern slides taken by L.B. [Lewis Benjamin] Foote of the Greater Winnipeg Water District railway and passengers in St. Boniface. The Greater Winnipeg Water District hired Foote to take these photos.
Page 2 of a photograph scrapbook made by Corporal John Wallace in April 1940. Photos consist of Portage Avenue looking west from around Vaughn Street, a rail line at Portage Avenue and St. James Street, troops in formation, and Mrs. and Shirley Gardiner. See general notes section for more details.
A promotional map created by the Publicity Bureau of Winnipeg and Manitoba titled "For Your Guidance While in Winnipeg". Map was originally folded as a pamphlet, the front page of which features a graphic of two people driving down Highway 14 (now Highway 75) to Winnipeg. The map is not scale and features cartoon depictions of tourist destinations and landmarks around Winnipeg and St. Boniface. The maps shows major streets, railroads, and street railway lines. The map side was originally framed and cut to fit. At a result a small part of the front page is cut off, including a stamp reading "St. Raphael's Ukrainian Immigrants' Welfare Association of Can[ada]".
Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.
Captions read: Mile 85 - Old Fort Garry and hotel - Fort Garry apartments - Hudson's Bay stores, Winnipeg - Bay City dredge - Whitemouth, April 1914 - W.G. Chas, J.H. Fuertes [?], A. C.H. Blanchard [?] - Mile 57.
A photograph of a pipe pouring water onto tracks on Robert Street (Galt Avenue) during the 1950 flood. A pile of wood is along one side of the street. The Ogilvie Flour Mill can be seen in the background.
Captions read: Dyke - Blanchard's, Indian Bay - Indian Camp, Shoal Lake [Kekekoziibii Shoal Lake 40 First Nation] - Removing arch - Camp 5, mile 77 - Remains after oil House fire, camp 5, mile 77 - Excursion train, camp 6 -Tennis court, Indian Bay - Young wild ducks.
Captions read: My car at mile 38 - Indian Bay - First crew to operate class 7 drag, C. Walgren, operator, [W.H.?] Smaill, fireman - Lassie, Hamish - Fisherman's Tug, Shoal Lake. Also contains a photo showing Kekekoziibii Shoal Lake 40 First Nation in the distance.
Captions read: Jumbo[?], Indian Bay - Ruins of camp 1 built on Ontario gold concessions, Shoal Lake, 1896 - Jumbo - Teddy - Teddy, Whitemouth - Birch River railroad bridge - Chasing young ducks with launch, Shoal Lake.
A promotional souvenir programme of the 1926 union meeting of the Canadian Divisions of the International Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, held in Winnipeg on July 27-30, 1926. Booklet contains promotional information about and histories of the union, photographs of and statements made by union members and local politicians, and advertisements.
Winnipeg (Man.). Committee on Legislation and Reception