Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.

Showing 46 results

archival descriptions
Winnipeg (Man.). St. Boniface With digital objects
Print preview Hierarchy View:

For Your Guidance While in Winnipeg promotional map

A promotional map created by the Publicity Bureau of Winnipeg and Manitoba titled "For Your Guidance While in Winnipeg". Map was originally folded as a pamphlet, the front page of which features a graphic of two people driving down Highway 14 (now Highway 75) to Winnipeg. The map is not scale and features cartoon depictions of tourist destinations and landmarks around Winnipeg and St. Boniface. The maps shows major streets, railroads, and street railway lines. The map side was originally framed and cut to fit. At a result a small part of the front page is cut off, including a stamp reading "St. Raphael's Ukrainian Immigrants' Welfare Association of Can[ada]".

Waghorn's Guide map and street index

Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.

Southdale Shopping Centre panorama

View of Southdale Shopping Centre, 35 Lakewood Boulevard, 12.8 acres. From left to right: Dominion Store, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Mall Entrance, Quintons, Ebbeling Pharmacy, Kmart Department Store. Consists of 3 separate photographs pasted together on cardboard to create a panorama. The cardboard is a scrap made from an old sign of the Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg (visible on the reverse). The cardboard is numbered “5”, presumably as part of a compilation with other shopping centre panoramas.

Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg (Man.). Planning Division

1932 Relief Works and Committee Winnipeg

Photograph collage of the 1932 Winnipeg Relief Works and Committee. Portraits of committee members are surrounding photographs of projects the committee had worked on. The committee members are, clockwise from top left: Alderman John Blumberg, Alderman H. Andrews, City Clerk Magnus Peterson, Alderman J.A. Barry, Alderman A.A. Ryley, Alderman W.B. Simpson, City Engineer W.P. Brereton, G.W. Northwood, Alderman E.D. Honeyman, Mayor Ralph Webb, Alderman J.A. McKerschar, A. MacNamara, Resident Engineer A.J. Taunton, Alderman L.F. Borrowman, and Alderman C.E. Simonite. The works projects showcased in the center are, clockwise from top left: the Main Street Bridge, the Norwood Bridge, the Assiniboine Park Bridge, the Winnipeg Auditorium, the Sargent Park Swimming Pool, and the Salter Street Bridge. Created by Robson Photo.

Results 1 to 20 of 46