Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.
Print preview Close

Showing 83 results

archival descriptions
Railroads
Print preview Hierarchy View:

78 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Waghorn's Guide map and street index

Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.

William Smaill Photo Album – Page 20

Captions read: Mile 85 - Old Fort Garry and hotel - Fort Garry apartments - Hudson's Bay stores, Winnipeg - Bay City dredge - Whitemouth, April 1914 - W.G. Chas, J.H. Fuertes [?], A. C.H. Blanchard [?] - Mile 57.

Smaill, William

William Smaill Photo Album – Page 19

Captions read: Tomlison and Pleming's camp - Ballast trains - Birch River - Clearing land, Whtiemouth - Class 14 pads - Lidgerwood - Unloading boom - Camp 5, April 14 - Work train - McLerie's - Deacon - Hand cars - Culverts, mile 57 - Hunter and Jack Cumm

Smaill, William

Results 1 to 10 of 83