Subseries consists of a scrapbook assembled by the City Engineering Department to serve as photographic evidence of the 1950 flood. It contains black and white photographs that mostly document flooding in residential areas near the Red River (Fort Rouge, Riverview, North End, Point Douglas, Crescentwood, Armstrong's Point and others). Scrapbook appears to be organized geographically by area and street. In addition to documenting flooding, the photographs provide a detailed record of residential neighbourhoods, houses, streets, and businesses like corner grocery stores and laundries. All photographs were taken by Harold K. White Studio.
Item is part of small album containing photographs of maps tracking the outbreak of typhoid from 1905 to 1908 and other scenes. Item is loose and at back of album. Date of item is approximate, [circa 1909].
Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.
A promotional map created by the Publicity Bureau of Winnipeg and Manitoba titled "For Your Guidance While in Winnipeg". Map was originally folded as a pamphlet, the front page of which features a graphic of two people driving down Highway 14 (now Highway 75) to Winnipeg. The map is not scale and features cartoon depictions of tourist destinations and landmarks around Winnipeg and St. Boniface. The maps shows major streets, railroads, and street railway lines. The map side was originally framed and cut to fit. At a result a small part of the front page is cut off, including a stamp reading "St. Raphael's Ukrainian Immigrants' Welfare Association of Can[ada]".