Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.
Print preview Close

Showing 258 results

archival descriptions
Winnipeg (Man.). West End English
Print preview Hierarchy View:

211 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Waghorn's Guide map and street index

Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.

Photograph album of Winnipeg during WW1: Page 3

Item consists of a scrapbook page showing the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) Building at 301 Vaughan Street (Item 13); view of Portage Avenue with Eaton's and Boyd buildings in foreground and Hotel Fort Garry in the background (Item 14); view of Ashford's Bakery at Portage Avenue and Furby Street, facing south towards Broadway (Item 15); Vaughan Street facing north towards St. Paul's College on Ellice Avenue (Item 16). Dates of photographs are approximate, [ca. 1913].

Supervised skating rink

The second side of an album page with a photograph of a Parks Board supervised skating rink outside the Norhtland Knitting Company Building at 618 Arlington Street affixed.

Winnipeg (Man.). Parks and Recreation Department

Supervised skating rink

The first side of an album page with a photograph of a Parks Board supervised skating rink outside the Northland Knitting Company Building at 618 Arlington Street affixed.

Winnipeg (Man.). Parks and Recreation Department

1932 Relief Works and Committee Winnipeg

Photograph collage of the 1932 Winnipeg Relief Works and Committee. Portraits of committee members are surrounding photographs of projects the committee had worked on. The committee members are, clockwise from top left: Alderman John Blumberg, Alderman H. Andrews, City Clerk Magnus Peterson, Alderman J.A. Barry, Alderman A.A. Ryley, Alderman W.B. Simpson, City Engineer W.P. Brereton, G.W. Northwood, Alderman E.D. Honeyman, Mayor Ralph Webb, Alderman J.A. McKerschar, A. MacNamara, Resident Engineer A.J. Taunton, Alderman L.F. Borrowman, and Alderman C.E. Simonite. The works projects showcased in the center are, clockwise from top left: the Main Street Bridge, the Norwood Bridge, the Assiniboine Park Bridge, the Winnipeg Auditorium, the Sargent Park Swimming Pool, and the Salter Street Bridge. Created by Robson Photo.

Results 1 to 20 of 258