A photograph of City Council in session. Interior shot of Winnipeg's third City Hall (built 1964). Council Chambers and seated Councillors in view. At this time, Council included 50 Councillors. Photographer's stamp on verso. Date of photograph is 1972.
A photograph of City Council in session. Interior shot of Winnipeg's third City Hall (built 1964). Council Chambers and seated Councillors in view. Photographer's stamp on verso. Date of photograph is 1972.
Photograph of Civic Complex, showing Council Building and Administration Building, taken from corner of Main Street and William Avenue. Description (on verso): Third City Hall - Officially Opened October 5th, 1964. Photograph taken by Henry Kalen.
Postcard shows Winnipeg's second City Hall (1886-1962) and volunteer monument, also referred to as the Soldiers Monument. Photo by Notman. Published by Valentine & Sons' Publishing Company, Ltd., Montreal and Toronto.
Collection consists of photographs and related records created by a wide variety of sources and collected by the City of Winnipeg Archives and Records Control Branch. The photographs were originally collected as part of a proposed Winnipeg museum; further records were added to the collection after being transferred from various City of Winnipeg departments or received as unsolicited donations from the public. The photographs depict municipal government activities and infrastructure, geographical features, business and personal activities. In addition to municipal governments, creators of the photographs include professional photographers, private individuals and various publishers.
A photograph of the Civic Centre Complex, Winnipeg's third city hall (1964-present). Council Building, Administration Building, and public transit bus in view. Taken from William Avenue and Main Street, looking northwest. Date of photograph is uncertain, [197-?]. The photographer is likely Henry Kalen.
Group photograph of the 1907 Civic Cricket Club champions of Manitoba. A caption on the front of the photograph claims the players' names are on the photograph's reverse, but there appear to be no names written.