Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.

Showing 78 results

archival descriptions
Railroads With digital objects
Print preview Hierarchy View:

William Smaill Photo Album – Page 20

Captions read: Mile 85 - Old Fort Garry and hotel - Fort Garry apartments - Hudson's Bay stores, Winnipeg - Bay City dredge - Whitemouth, April 1914 - W.G. Chas, J.H. Fuertes [?], A. C.H. Blanchard [?] - Mile 57.

Smaill, William

William Smaill Photo Album – Page 19

Captions read: Tomlison and Pleming's camp - Ballast trains - Birch River - Clearing land, Whtiemouth - Class 14 pads - Lidgerwood - Unloading boom - Camp 5, April 14 - Work train - McLerie's - Deacon - Hand cars - Culverts, mile 57 - Hunter and Jack Cumm

Smaill, William

Waghorn's Guide map and street index

Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.

Foot of Robert Street

A photograph of a brick building on Robert Street (Galt Avenue) during the 1950 flood. The building is surrounded by a sandbag dike and water.

Harold K. White Studio

Pumping water on Robert Street

A photograph of a pipe pouring water onto tracks on Robert Street (Galt Avenue) during the 1950 flood. A pile of wood is along one side of the street. The Ogilvie Flour Mill can be seen in the background.

Harold K. White Studio

Results 61 to 78 of 78