Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.
Print preview Close

Showing 743 results

archival descriptions
Winnipeg (Man.). City Clerk's Department. Archives and Records Control Branch
Print preview Hierarchy View:

730 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Existing Conditions, Corner of Graham and Donald looking East

A photograph of the southeast corner of Donald Street and Graham Avenue featuring a Moore's Taxi U Drive station in the foreground. Behind it in the background can be seen The Columbus Hall / Aragon Building with advertisements for Pepsi Cola and the Rainbow Dance Gardens, and the Tribune Building can be seen at the left. This is the present site of the Millennium Library. The back of the photo is marked: "Photograph 5. Existing Conditions, corner of Graham and Donald Looking East. Urban Renewal and Rehabilitation Board City of Winnipeg".

Winnipeg (Man.). Urban Renewal and Rehabilitation Board

Civic Centre Complex

A photograph of the Civic Centre Complex, Winnipeg's third city hall (1964-present). Council Building, Administration Building, and public transit bus in view. Taken from William Avenue and Main Street, looking northwest. Date of photograph is uncertain, [197-?]. The photographer is likely Henry Kalen.

Kalen, Henry

1921 Winnipeg City Council Collage

Winnipeg City Council in 1921: F. O. Fowler, H. Gray, A. H. Pulford, J.K. Sparling, D. McLean, J. G. Sullivan, W. Douglas, F. H. Davidson, J. A McKerchar, Thos. Boyd, Mayor E. Parnell, G. Fisher, Mrs. J. Kirk, J. O'Hare, J. Blumberg, J. Queen, H. Jones, A. A. Heaps, W. B. Simpson

Photograph album of Winnipeg during WW1: Page 5

Item consists of a scrapbook page showing soldiers lined up in military parade in front of the Industrial Bureau Exposition Building (Item 21), soldiers lined up in military parade (Item 22),
soldiers on horse in military parade in front of the Industrial Bureau Exposition Building (Item 23), crowd forming on street in front of the Israelite Jewish Daily newspaper building (975 Main Street) and the H. Lindster's Bakery (971 Main Street). Soldiers and Police in foreground (Item 24), [ca. 1913].

Results 1 to 20 of 743