East Kildonan (Man.)
East Kildonan (Man.)
The records consist of minutes, by-laws, agreements and correspondence of the Tuxedo Park Company, Limited for the years 1913 through 1930. The records were contained in a scrapbook, which has been disassembled due to its poor condition. The first page of the scrapbook contains By-Law Number 116 dated July 2, 1913. This and all subsequent by-laws in the scrapbook document the purchase and transfer of ownership of land from the Company to new owners, including legal description. By-law numbers are 116 through to 153, which is dated May 2, 1928. The records are in chronological order.
Tuxedo Park Company, Ltd.
Collection consists of fire insurance plans for the City of Winnipeg. Fire insurance plans are maps showing, by colours and symbols, detailed information about each building including structure size and shape, construction materials and detailing, number of floors and lot size. Additional information can include street widths, street numbers, property lines and such fire protection facilities as water pipes or mains, fire hydrants and fire alarm boxes. The plans show streets, churches, hotels, industrial, commercial and public buildings. The plans were originally contained in five bound atlases. These have been disassembled to facilitate access. Information is accessed through a map key.
Charles E. Goad Company
The Board of Commissioners was created in 1972 and was responsible for providing leadership to all civic departments. In particular, the Board provided advice to Council on key issues; initiated administrative changes and improvements; led civic responses to crisis situations; provided mentoring to department heads; pursued federal and/or provincial funding for civic works; and coordinated service delivery. The Board was abolished in 1997.
The records have been organized into two series:
Series 132: Reports, Speeches, Pamphlets, 1977-1991
Series 133: Bound Correspondence, 1989-1997
Frost, Richard L. (Rick)
Collection consists of postcards of Winnipeg and rural Manitoba between 1900 and 1940.
Consists of ca. 400 pieces of art that range from paintings to large photograph collages, to three dimensional objects. The dates likely range from 1872 to 2011. Most of the artwork is framed.
Collection consists of photographs and related records created by a wide variety of sources and collected by the City of Winnipeg Archives and Records Control Branch. The photographs were originally collected as part of a proposed Winnipeg museum; further records were added to the collection after being transferred from various City of Winnipeg departments or received as unsolicited donations from the public. The photographs depict municipal government activities and infrastructure, geographical features, business and personal activities. In addition to municipal governments, creators of the photographs include professional photographers, private individuals and various publishers.
Fort Garry (Man.)