Waghorn's Guide - a small promotional pamphlet published by J.R. Waghorn in 1895. The pamphlet contains a street map of Winnipeg, a street index, and advertisements for various Winnipeg businesses including the Clarendon Hotel, the Redwood Brewery, and the Massey-Harris Company. The map shows the old City of Winnipeg from the Red River on the east to Waverly, Aubrey, and McPhillips Streets on the west, and from Athole Avenue (now Luxton Avenue) in the north to Parker Avenue in the south. Southern Elmwood, Old St. Boniface, and Norwood are also shown on the east side of the river. Railway lines are in black and electric street railway lines are in red.
Captions read: Mile 85 - Old Fort Garry and hotel - Fort Garry apartments - Hudson's Bay stores, Winnipeg - Bay City dredge - Whitemouth, April 1914 - W.G. Chas, J.H. Fuertes [?], A. C.H. Blanchard [?] - Mile 57.
Captions read: Jumbo[?], Indian Bay - Ruins of camp 1 built on Ontario gold concessions, Shoal Lake, 1896 - Jumbo - Teddy - Teddy, Whitemouth - Birch River railroad bridge - Chasing young ducks with launch, Shoal Lake.
Captions read: Dyke - Blanchard's, Indian Bay - Indian Camp, Shoal Lake [Kekekoziibii Shoal Lake 40 First Nation] - Removing arch - Camp 5, mile 77 - Remains after oil House fire, camp 5, mile 77 - Excursion train, camp 6 -Tennis court, Indian Bay - Young wild ducks.