Part of City of St. Boniface
Forms part of Fonds 12. The St. Boniface Advisory and Planning Commission, established as provided in Section 13 of the Town Planning Act, functioned from 1958 to 1971. The Commission was comprised of 7 members, 2 members from Council, and 5 citizens appointed by the Council. The Commission investigated and reported to Council on all matters related to the location and design of any public building, park, parkway, boulevard, street, land, playground, public grounds, housing scheme or other similar development, or any change thereto. In addition to its advisory duties, the Commission acted as a board of adjustment on zoning matters. The Commission’s recommendations were passed on to City Council for approval. In the vast majority of cases Council approved their recommendations.
The Commission was given free reign as to its rules of procedure and was expected to keep a record of its proceedings. The first secretary to the Commission from its inception in the fall of 1958 to the end of 1958 was the City Clerk, Maurice Prud’homme. On 3 December 1958, Fernand Marion was appointed secretary and served until the Commission disbanded in 1971 following the entry of St. Boniface into Unicity.
Series consists of case files arranged alphabetically by applicant name and administrative files including correspondence and minutes – minutes are incomplete.
St. Boniface (Man.)