Winnipeg in Focus is a database for archival descriptions and digital collections at the City of Winnipeg Archives.

Affichage de 118 résultats

fichier d'autorité

Kildonan (Man.)

  • Collectivité
  • 1880-1914

The municipality of Kildonan was originally formed from the municipality of Kildonan and St. John’s (incorporated in 1876) after the passing by the Provincial Government of the Municipal Incorporation Act of 1873. The municipality of Kildonan and St. John’s was renamed Kildonan after the Provincial Act of 1880, with jurisdiction over land on both the east and west sides of the Red River. The name “Kildonan” dates from 1817, when the Earl of Selkirk created the Parish of Kildonan while visiting the colony he had established in 1812. The name refers to the Strath of Kildonan on the Sutherland estate in Scotland from whence a number of his settlers had come.

Berman, Martin

  • Personne

Martin Berman grew up in Winnipeg but moved to Toronto to raise his family. He collected his first postcard on March 15, 1985. His goal was to collect postcards of Winnipeg and rural Manitoba.

Winnipeg (Man.). Committee on Public Safety

  • Collectivité
  • 1921-1958

The Committee on Public Safety was responsible for supervision of the City Fire Department, Signal System, Building, Plumbing and Electrical Inspection Services, and Transportation and Traffic. The name of the Committee changed from the Committee on Public Safety to the Public Safety Committee for the years 1951-1957. In 1958 the duties of the Public Safety Committee were taken over by the Committee on Public Works.

Winnipeg (Man.). Committee on Utilities and Personnel

  • Collectivité
  • 1960-1971

In 1960, the Committee on Utilities and Personnel was formed by By-law 18236 to perform the combined functions of the former Committee on Public Utilities and Committee on Personnel and Legislation.

Jordan, Edwin O.

  • Personne

Jordan was the editor of the Journal of Infectious Diseases (Chicago).

Résultats 41 à 50 sur 118